UC Browser is a web browser developed by mobile internet company UCWeb, a subsidiary of the Alibaba Group. It is one of the most popular mobile browsers in China and Indonesia and was the 8th most downloaded mobile app of the 2010–2019 decade.
UC Browser is the leading mobile internet browser with more than 400 million users across more than 150 countries and regions. This version is for mobile devices (phones and tablets) with Android.
Originally launched in April 2004 as a J2ME-only application, it is now available on several platforms including Android, iOS, BlackBerry OS, Java ME, Symbian, Windows Phone Microsoft Windows.
It has been the subject of security and privacy controversies and was banned in India on June 31, 2020, shortly after the 2020 China–India skirmishes.
UC Browser Download (2021 Latest) for Windows 10, 8, 7
UC Browser for Android gives you a fast all-in-one web experience – an excellent Searching, Browsing, Downloading, Video, Gaming, Shopping, and Social Sharing experience at the fastest speeds!
Although it’s a competing browser having most of the required features it doesn’t beat Chrome or Firefox as the best browser. If you are concerned with the file size, then you may try downloading UC Browser Mini.
Nowadays we have apps for almost all our surfing needs but a browser is a very vital requirement. In this post, we will focus on UC Browser for easy surfing across all web platforms for android and IOS. Owned and operated by Alibaba, yes that is correct the online shopping giant from China.
UC Browser steadily started its journey in 2004 initially offering availability for all mobile platforms from Blackberry OS to Symbian. But as time progressed its focus was retained on Android and IOS platforms for obvious reasons.
Become untraceable and secure online? Then you need HMA! Pro VPN!
UC Browser for PC edition runs and feels like Google’s Chrome browser without the built-in PDF viewer and Flash Player. It uses Chromium’s Blink most things like HTML5 and Microsoft’s Trident for web pages work best in Internet Explorer.
It includes 2 default themes giving your home page square (Windows 10 like feel) or round icons. It also supports most Google Chrome extensions and comes with 2 already installed that are specific to UC Browser for Laptop.
It quickly rendered everything we threw at it. UCBrowser for Desktop PC adds a lot of features you probably don’t have so this is the perfect browser for someone who likes Google Chrome but wants more built-in functionality and compatibility.
For some reason, It adds a Facebook icon on your desktop. I’m pretty sure everyone who wants it already has it. The app at one point told me that Google Chrome was out of date and went to the Google Chrome download. It seems like a pretty big oversight.
Important Privacy Points
Few of the most important points raised by different teams after their thorough checking of the browsers functioning:
- Location and user data, including IMSI, IMEI, and data about nearby cellular towers and Wi-Fi access points, are sent to the Alibaba mapping tool, in the Chinese language version.
- UC browsers transmit personally identifiable subscriber data and user’s location data which presents a security and privacy risk for users.
- The user’s data is retained on the device even after clearing the application’s cache.
- The primary concern is the retention of DNS lookup even after a user deletes their device’s cache.
- The record of DNS lookup data would allow for a third party with access to the device to identify the websites that a user logs into.
In the end, it all depends on the user and their mode of work. Some would go ahead and download the app regardless of all the factors. People normally prefer functionality over privacy at least for now.
UC Browser has been captivating users since the time Symbian devices upgrading themselves on the way. The main privacy problems are usually associated with the Chinese version of the app other than that everything seems to be on spot.
Main Key Features:
THE proprietary U3 kernel is optimized for mobile browsing. Fast, more stable, more battery-saving, and more powerful.
Eco-Friendly Enter your zip code here La battery power saved on 300+ million cell phones when using UC Browser equal acres of forests that would otherwise be burnt for energy generation.
- Stores latest browsed pages. Instantly switch between recently visited pages without the need to reload.
- Smart network adaptation technology. Powerful download management function. Ability to preview documents in multiple formats (docs, Xls, ppt, pdf, zip, RAR). Pause and resume capability.
- The first download (UC Browser) is for Android devices in general and comes with the U3 kernel.
- The second download (Tablets HD) is designed for Android tablets such as Nexus, Galaxy Tab, Transformer Pad, Kindle fire, and more with Android 2.3 and above.
- The third download (UC Browser Mini) is for Android 1.5 and above.
- Forth download (UC Browser Small) is the same as the third but for devices with smaller screens – 320×240 pixels or below.
- For faster browsing with less data usage, there’s Speed Mode. Speed Mode compresses webpages, making their size much smaller, saving you big on time and data usage.
QR Code Scanning
- For a different way to enter URLs, there’s the QR Code Scanner. Using your phone’s camera, the QR Code Scanner can read a QR code and instantly take you to its URL.
Volume Buttons to Scroll Pages
- For a convenient new way to scroll a page, there’s the ability to use your phone’s volume buttons to navigate up and down web pages.
Pin Bookmarks to Home Screen
- For access to your favorite websites fast, there’s the ability to create shortcuts on the home screen, so you can get to your favorite content with just one click.
Also, we’ve fixed the homepage display problem for large screen phones.
- Clean Yet Complete UI – Redesigned navigation page and simplified settings.
- Intuitive Tab Management – Intuitive and dynamic gesture control for managing tabs.
- FB Faster Add-on – Enjoy the fastest Facebook browsing with the FB Faster add-on.
- Smart Downloading – Supports multiple, background, and cloud downloading with auto reconnection.
- Incognito Browsing – Private browsing to protect your privacy.
- Custom Themes – Decorate your browser with themes and wallpapers from the UC Theme Center, or use your own pictures.
- Night Mode – Switch to night mode to read more comfortably at night.
- Control Videos with Gestures – Volume, brightness, progress, etc. can all be controlled by gestures.
- Custom Themes – Visit the UC Theme Center or use your own pictures to customize your browser.
- UC Browser Mini updated to version 188.8.131.522 Better video watching and listening experience
- UC Browser HD for tablets updated to version 3.4.3
- Added Android 5.0 support
- The add-on platform can now be accessed by clicking Menu, then Add-ons.
- Refresh a page by clicking the refresh button now found at the Address Bar.
- Access the Fit-to-screen option, scroll options, text-only mode, etc. by going to Menu, then Settings.
How To Download?
The browser supports simultaneous downloads and includes a download manager, including pages for offline reading. It supports pausing and resuming downloads. The current version of the download manager has features designed to solve common problems while downloading, such as an intermittent internet connection and mislabeled files.
The download process can continue after the app is closed, and can also automatically resume if the download is interrupted. The download manager sorts downloaded files by type and place them in their respective folders